We understand how stressful workplace matters can be and how quickly they can escalate if not efficiently and properly dealt with.
Our experience with employees includes:
- Representation in Fair Work Commission hearings and conferences for unfair dismissal and general protections applications
- Executive employment contracts
- Parental leave and flexible workplace arrangements
- Advice and guidance on bullying, discrimination and harassment
- Underpayment of wages
- Poor performance allegations and misconduct
- Restraints of trade, non-solicit and confidentiality obligations
- Negotiating termination or redundancy conditions
Examples of our experience:
- Assisting a Managing Director who, upon returning from maternity leave, was made redundant – we successfully ran a general protections claim.
- Negotiating the terms of a restraint clause so that our client was able to go out on their own in the industry without the threat of litigation from their former employer.
- Conducted cross-jurisdictional negotiations with multiple employers regarding the termination of a high-level executive – ultimately achieving a substantial settlement sum.
- Advising an employee on how best to combat internal bullying behaviour from superiors.
- Advising an employee on how to establish his status as an ’employee’ rather than ‘contractor’ with an employer who had company-wide sham contracting arrangements in place.
- We have extensive experience providing advice to employees. We have seen and heard it all!
- If you have any questions, just give us a call and we can work together to see how to proceed.