We understand that workplace matters can be stressful, and we know how quickly they can escalate if not efficiently and properly dealt with. We have extensive experience providing advice to employees. We have seen and heard it all!
Areas of expertise
- Assisting a Managing Director client who, upon returning from maternity leave, was made redundant – we successfully ran a general protection claim.
- Negotiating the terms of a restraint clause so that our client was able to go out on their own in the industry without the threat of litigation from their former employer.
- Conducting cross-jurisdictional negotiations with multiple employers regarding the termination of a high-level executive – ultimately achieving a substantial settlement sum.
- Advising an employee on how best to combat internal bullying behaviour from superiors.
- Advising an employee on how to establish his status as an ’employee’ rather than ‘contractor’ with an employer who had company-wide sham contracting arrangements in place.
- Representation in Fair Work Commission hearings and conferences for unfair dismissal and general protections applications
- Executive employment contracts
- Parental leave and flexible workplace arrangements
- Advice and guidance on bullying, discrimination and harassment
- Underpayment of wages
- Poor performance allegations and misconduct
- Restraints of trade, non-solicit and confidentiality obligations
- Negotiating termination or redundancy conditions