WORK WE DO FOR EMPLOYEES
- Negotiating senior executive contracts.
- Representing employees in Fair Work Commission hearings and conferences for both unfair dismissal and general protections applications.
- Advising on contract terms and conditions to get the next employment relationship started on the best foot possible.
- Advising and guiding employees through difficult circumstances such as discrimination, bullying and harassment.
- Assisting with poor performance allegations, misconduct and serious misconduct.
- Advising on restraints of trade, non-solicit and confidentiality obligations.
- Negotiating termination or redundancy conditions.
- Negotiating parental leave and flexible workplace arrangements.
SELECTED EXPERIENCE BANK
- Assisting a Managing Director who, upon returning from maternity leave, was made redundant – we successfully ran a general protections claim.
- Negotiating the terms of a restraint clause so that our client was able to go out on their own in the industry without the threat of litigation from their former employer.
- Conducted cross-jurisdictional negotiations with multiple employers regarding the termination of a high-level executive – ultimately achieving a substantial settlement sum.
- Advising an employee on how best to combat internal bullying behaviour from superiors.
- Advising an employee on how to establish his status as an ’employee’ rather than ‘contractor’ with an employer who had company-wide sham contracting arrangements in place.